We want to introduce today a new feature that better supports collaboration and shared planning among teachers. Until now, teachers have been able to view the lesson plans of teachers sharing their maps through the lessons database. Teachers are even able to copy lessons from their peers one-by-one to their own lessons database for additional editing and use. This approach has worked well for collaboration, but teachers practicing shared planning have asked for easier ways to share multiple lesson plans taught at the same time as their co-teacher. We are happy to announce an option that we believe will meet the needs of teachers planning jointly. One teacher can become the primary planner for the group of teachers allowing the other teachers to copy the lessons plans directly from the Weekly Planner into their own weekly planner and lessons database for individual updating and editing. Here is how it works.
- The planning teacher needs to allow sharing for their class by taking the following steps:
- Go to the Class Sections Setup area, select the editing pencil for the class they are responsible for planning, and check the “Allow other teachers that teach this course to copy my lesson plans in this section from the Weekly Planner.”
- They can then create lesson plans for the class and attach them to the weekly planner as usual.
- Other teachers also needing those lesson plans in their own weekly planner can copy from the other teacher.
- Open the “Weekly Planner” and select the name of the planning teacher from the dropdown.
- Click on the “Copy” icon for the class needing to be copied.
- The teacher will be prompted to choose which course these lessons will be copied into in their own lesson database (duplicate lesson titles will receive a (2) in their name)
- The teacher will now have their own copy of the lesson plan in their weekly planner and can edit the lessons as needed to fit their own needs.
Here is a video demonstrating this feature:
If you have any questions about these features, you may learn more about some of them here, or you may contact support. If you are not using the Curriculum Trak Lesson Planner, it may be worth considering. For more information about adding it to your account click here.