Many of the recent enhancements to the Lesson Planner have been for the purpose of allowing teachers to edit, assign, or share their lesson plans even easier. Today, we would like to introduce a feature that allows teachers to delete multiple lessons at a one time. As a rule, Curriculum Trak tries to avoid deleting data or content in bulk (with a single click) since most information contained in a Curriculum Trak account represents hours (and possibly even years) of work and refinement. Over time, as with any electronic file system, unwanted files can pile up. Until now, in order to delete unwanted lesson plans from their database, teachers have been required to clear out any content within that lesson plan field by field before deleting the lesson plan shell itself. Teachers are now able to delete inactive lesson plans without having to clear out the lesson plan content first. This allows lesson plans to be managed a little more quickly while still creating a safeguard against losing valuable content. To delete multiple lessons, take the following steps:
- Set the unwanted lessons to inactive.
- Open the Lessons Database and choose a class.
- Change the status of a lesson through the blue edit pencil, or you can change the status of multiple lessons by using the “Change Status Below” button located at the top of the database next to the “Status” dropdown.
- By clicking the “Change Status Below” button, you can uncheck the “Active” box for multiple lessons and then click the “Save Status Changes”
- Delete inactive lessons one at a time from the “Inactive” list.
- At the top of the lessons database, set your viewing settings in the “Status” dropdown to “Inactive” for a list of all of your inactive lessons to appear.
- In each lesson row, a red X appears allowing you to delete out a lesson even though it contains content.
- An additional warning box will appear.
Here is a video demonstrating this feature:
If you have any questions about these features, you may learn more about some of them here, or you may contact support. If you are not using the Curriculum Trak Lesson Planner, it may be worth considering. For more information about adding it to your account click here.